Saturday, October 6, 2012

Shoe Closet Styles & Must Haves

It is true that shoes are a girls best friends... that's why there is must haves that should be in your shoe closet at all times.  Now some girls have a very limited shoe supply and some have a moderate supply while others have an over abundant supply of shoes.  The first thing you need to figure out is, what type of supply of shoes do you have in your closet?

The next thing is the must haves... every girl young or old must have a certain type and color of shoes in their closet.  The reason is, we wear our shoes on certain occasions and if you're like me, you may like to wear shoes according to what mood you are in on a particular day.  Therefore, I like to have a wide selection of shoes in my closet so that I can have more to pick from.  

Some women believe that you only need 1 or 2 colors of shoes in your closet... well let me explain the myth in that thought.  If you have 8 pair of black shoes... then what is the purpose?  People will think that you are still wearing the same shoe all the time right?  So why not get one pair of really good black shoes instead?  Or get your shoes in a different style.  Either way, every style of shoe and color does not go with a certain type of wardrobe so we need to switch it up a bit.  Now men can get away with this method... but ladies, we can't.

So in your closet you should have the following shoes:
Boots, sandal, athletic shoe, flip flop, pump and a high heel and a peep toe shoe.  How your high heel can be defined whichever way you would like, it could be a wedge heel, a platform heel, a stiletto or whatever tickles your fancy.  I prefer one of each in my opinion... that way I am ready for anything!

Now for colors... a black shoe is an absolute must.  I would prefer to have that black shoe in a pump, high heel, stiletto, platform and a peep toe.  Then you need a gold or a silver shoe for special occasions or if you're like me... a day where you want a lot of attention is a good day to wear this type of shoe.  Then you need a brown shoe and that can be a brown boot or whichever you prefer... boots are very nice in brown.  A white shoe, a navy shoe, a red shoe... yes!  Every girl must have a red shoe and last but not least a burgundy shoe... this is a must in my book.  Those are your must haves for shoe colors. 

Now if you are like me.... you will have shoes in almost every color and different types of shoes are good to.  I am a lover of art so I prefer shoes with various design and patterns on them because it makes them so nice especially if you are going to wear a black suite or a grey suite.. to have a shoe that POPS is truly the way to go. 

Designers:  Now let's talk a little bit about designers.  Christian Louboutin is by far my favorite shoe designer because his shoe speaks to me... he is very artistic and his shoes always have a creative artistic flair... and I like wearing art just as much as I like looking at art work in a museum.  However, depending on your personality and your preference and also your age.. you may prefer designers like Versace, Rachel Zoe, Liz Claiborne, Valentino just to name a few... there are some up and coming shoe designers out there that have some great shoes but when buying shoes you should always consider the comfort. and certain designers design shoes differently so it would be helpful to understand the shoe designer before buying shoes.

Here are some shoe style and designer that I prefer and some must haves in your closet... Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment